The Assistant Development Manager position provides support to the Development Manager position for the supervision of the construction and delivery of multifamily development projects for the company. Assistant Development Managers will be involved in the activities of the multi-family project construction process from start to finish. Responsibilities include managing the quality control process on multiple projects and ensuring the timely and accurate turn-over of work for a best-in-class project.
Assistant Development Managers must effectively execute within strict deadlines using top-notch communication and project solving techniques.
Essential functions as an Assistant Development Manager include:
- Work with LIVs Development Manager team to assist in managing the General Contractor
- Assist in coordination with all 3rd party project professionals and consultants
- Interact with municipalities, utilities, and telecom companies to help coordinate work
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections of construction progress and provide reports to the Development Manager
- Perform quality assurance activities throughout project duration
- Perform punch-list process on all construction work; assist in turnover process with operations and leasing
- Assist in the close out process at completion of work
Project Preconstruction and Permitting
- Assist with project permitting process as needed
- Review and maintain project reporting and provide regular updates as required to the Development Manager
- Maintain ongoing & completed project databases and electronic filing system
- Assist in reviewing and approving project submittals and requests for payment from GC and other subcontractors, consultants and vendors
- Assist in approving and negotiating change orders as needed
- Effectively communicate project expectations & LIV’s “vision” to all external project team members
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of any “owner” directed change throughout the construction process
- Work closely with Operations Department to ensure smooth and efficient project transition from construction to operations
- Act as owner’s representative on various project matters
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the construction team
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Assist in coordinating with local utilities to procure necessary services for project
- Coordinate EarthCam setup
- Assist with the installation of leasing trailer and project signage/advertising
* - This is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position, but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all efforts, duties, and/or responsibilities associated or assigned by the Director of Construction & Pre-Construction and/or Executive Management.
ABOUT LIV DEVELOPMENT
LIV develops and operates luxury multifamily communities in highly sought-after locations across the United States. Known for its intentional and innovative design, leading edge amenities, and desirable locations, LIV seeks to enrich the lives of its residents while positively impacting communities and delivering superior returns to investors. In 2022, LIV was recognized as the 14th largest developer in the country by the National Multifamily Housing Council. Throughout its 16-year history, LIV has developed or acquired more than 23,000 multifamily homes with a total combined market capitalization of $7.5 billion. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama LIV has regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, and Tampa.
THE LIV CULTURE
At LIV we believe in building careers and developing people. When you join our team, you are invited into a family that encourages every member to excel professionally and personally. We’ll work with you to create a professional development plan that helps you grow and achieve your goals. LIV, your growth potential is unlimited, and we can’t wait to support you along the way.
Collectively and individually members of the LIV team generously give of their time, talents, and resources to support nonprofit organizations in our local communities and around the globe. From sharing the joy of home ownership through Habitat for Humanity builds to spreading Christmas cheer by adopting local families for the holidays, LIV is passionate about giving back to the communities we build. Our heart for service also lives through The Goodfield Foundation, a nonprofit, 501c3 organization that propels LIV’s mission to “Invest Well and Do Good” through dynamic programing and resources that support residents and communities. Nearly 100% of LIV employees financially support the Foundation and LIV matches all employee gifts 2:1.
We may be one of the hardest working teams in the business, but we prioritize taking time to unwind and have fun! From First Friday Breakfasts, to company field trips, and regular office lunches there’s always an opportunity to take a break and spend time with your colleagues (you’ll be calling them friends soon enough!). We keep a fully stocked kitchen and offer you opportunities to share your hobbies with the team. Additional benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Generous PTO and company holidays, including paid days for service
- Employer paid pre-marital and marital counseling
- Employer paid JH Outback and Scott River Lodge excursions for parents and children or spouses