LIV Development seeks a highly motivated graphic designer to support our mission to create iconic, life changing, and life enhancing experiences and communities. In addition to building the LIV corporate brand, the graphic designer will help shape LIV’s properties with colors, textures, experiences, graphics, and art. The designer must be a creative thinker who can collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and implement a broad range of creative strategies and tactics.
The ideal candidate will embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and will have experience with a variety of mediums—everything from traditional advertising to digital and environmental design. Design capabilities across digital, print, environmental, social, and video are expected. The designer should possess the ability to draw inspiration from existing brand standards and employ consistency of visual identity. He or she should also enjoy the challenge of coordinating unique yet consistent styles across a variety of sub-brands.
An eye for beautiful spaces and an appreciation for architecture, interior design, and landscape design are beneficial in this role. Attention to detail is a must as well as the ability to prioritize multiple assignments at once while still maintaining execution of all tasks with a deadline. If you enjoy variety in your work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’ll love this position!
While not required, experience in or knowledge of architecture, real estate and/or multifamily housing is helpful. If you are passionate about all things design and eager to grow ideas that will make an impact on lives and communities through design, this could be the position for you!
- Support the evolution of LIV’s brand identity
- Design across digital, print, outdoor, environmental, social, and video. You’ll design logos, print collateral, digital ads, web graphics, permanent and temporary signage, presentations, murals and more!
- Coordinate design needs across a variety of stakeholders
- Identify business needs and develop creative solutions
- Own multiple initiatives simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in design, fine arts, or related field preferred
- A strong portfolio demonstrating at least five to ten years’ experience in graphic design (experience in architecture or real estate a plus)
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and all its tools. Specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Expert attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy
- Flexible/Adaptable – ability to organize and quickly shift priorities and multi-task
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional manner when working with team members
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our work, this job is based in our Birmingham headquarters. LIV Development’s properties are located throughout the United States, so this role will require occasional overnight travel.
Design is a growing area at LIV and there has never been a better time to join the creative team. The graphic designer will be part of the multidisciplinary LIV Creative Group that shapes and defines experiences at LIV’s properties. You’ll work alongside some of the best creatives in the business—interior designers, architects, and landscape designers to grow LIV’s distinctive multifamily portfolio.
LIV is growing quickly; the opportunities are endless for individuals who are willing to put in the work to grow their career!
ABOUT LIV DEVELOPMENT
LIV develops and operates luxury multifamily communities in highly sought-after locations across the United States. Known for its intentional and innovative design, leading edge amenities, and desirable locations, LIV seeks to enrich the lives of its residents while positively impacting communities and delivering superior returns to investors. In 2022, LIV was recognized as the 14th largest developer in the country by the National Multifamily Housing Council. Throughout its 16-year history, LIV has developed or acquired more than 23,000 multifamily homes with a total combined market capitalization of $8 billion. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama LIV has regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, and Tampa.
THE LIV CULTURE
At LIV we believe in building careers and developing people. When you join our team, you are invited into a family that encourages every member to excel professionally and personally. We’ll work with you to create a professional development plan that helps you grow and achieve your goals. LIV, your growth potential is unlimited, and we can’t wait to support you along the way.
Collectively and individually members of the LIV team generously give of their time, talents, and resources to support nonprofit organizations in our local communities and around the globe. From sharing the joy of home ownership through Habitat for Humanity builds to spreading Christmas cheer by adopting local families for the holidays, LIV is passionate about giving back to the communities we build. Our heart for service also lives through The Goodfield Foundation, a nonprofit, 501c3 organization that propels LIV’s mission to “Invest Well and Do Good” through dynamic programing and resources that support residents and communities. Nearly 100% of LIV employees financially support the Foundation and LIV matches all employee gifts 2:1.
We may be one of the hardest working teams in the business, but we prioritize taking time to unwind and have fun! From First Friday Breakfasts, to company field trips, and regular office lunches there’s always an opportunity to take a break and spend time with your colleagues (you’ll be calling them friends soon enough!). We keep a fully stocked kitchen and offer you opportunities to share your hobbies with the team. Additional benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Generous PTO and company holidays, including paid days for service
- Employer paid pre-marital and marital counseling
- Employer paid JH Outback and Scott River Lodge excursions for parents and children or spouses